The Backwash voting app was a big success, and allowed us to quickly determine the category and overall winners of the people’s and brewer’s choice awards. The Winner of the Brewer’s Choice this year was Reyna’s Homebrew Key-Lime sour, with a score of 4.10235. The winner of the People’s choice was Ginger House Brewing’s Tessellation Sky IPA, with a score of 4.381197. You can seer the complete rankings and scores right here!
This year Backwash had a greater attendance, more brews and brewers and raised more money for Project GO than in any prior year. Thanks for taking part, and we look forward to seeing the category winners at The Best of Backwash in the fall.
Here’s the skinny on grub, drinks and entertainment at Backwash this year.
EAT. There are a couple of options.
- Your general admission ticket includes bar snacks like nuts, popcorn and pretzels. There will be bowls all over the place, and while they are not actually bottomless, we don’t expect to run out.
- Concession stands at the venue will have great food for sale:
- Pulled Pork Sandwich $8.00
- Bratwurst $9.25
- Beef Hot Dog $4.75
- Fresh Mixed Green Salad with Balsamic Dressing $5.00
- Ace’s Cheese Burger $9.00
- The preferred seating ticket includes a BBQ buffet in Bugsys from 6 til 8PM. Food includes: Pulled Pork, Brisket, cornbread, cole-slaw and much more!
- If you are a brewer or a brewer’s pouring assistant, you get one hour of VIP fare in Duffys while you mingle with the other brewers.
DRINK. This seems obvious… but…
- Every attendee gets an imprinted tasting glass. Brewers will pour 3 oz tasters. with 93 brews in the contest: that works out to over 216 ozs per person. Put another way, you can drink the equivalent up to about a case of 12oz bottles.
- IMBIB will be on hand pouring “reference” beers and helping novices learn about beer tasting and judging.
- Canned soda and bottled water are free for those with designated driver’s tickets. The rest of us can purchase it: $3 for soda, $2 for water
- The bar will be staffed… so you’ll be able to purchase cocktails and wine too!
MAKE MERRY. You wish to be entertained?
- Drinking with Clowns will rock the main stage starting around 6pm.
- While the contest winners will be announced at about 9pm, the party will continue, with a DJ spining til midnite!
Let’s hope this post doesn’t jinx it, eh? It looks like perfect beer festival weather on Friday evening. 83 degrees and 0% chance of precipitation. That’s great weather for stouts AND pilsners!
The Freighthouse district at Greater Nevada Field is a covered outdoor venue with a number of indoor spots. Brewers and sponsors will occupy upstairs and down this year… because we have a record breaking number of entries… and if you come, we might just have a record breaking attendance as well.